Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Tarvaris Jackson rant by a Sports Writer

Ok, I know I am just a girl with Vikings football opinions that may not even be that interesting to most people (I know my mom reads my blog, thanks mom) and sometimes my opinions and game reviews may not be interesting and probably seem rehashed and redundant. . .but I just can’t help myself. I read this Tarvaris Jackson article on pioneerpress.com this morning and I just have to share it with my Vikings blog readers. Tom Powers Tarvaris Jackson rant is better than mine ever was and Vikings fans have to read it. Click here for the story, but I am copying a few of my favorite lines below:

“…you can't flush an entire season down the drain while you try to develop a
quarterback. Period.”


“Had the Vikings, who are well below the salary cap, signed a decent veteran
quarterback during the offseason, they easily could be 4-2 right now.”

“OK, they screwed up. Everybody makes a mistake. But do they have to pretend
they didn't? There's no reason to live with this error week after week. “

“By chasing some long-term goal, they are wasting an opportunity right here in
the present.”

No comments: