Monday, December 10, 2007

Vikings beat San Francisco in San Francisco

The Minnesota Vikings looked good in the California sunlight. The Vikings beat the San Francisco 49ers 27-7 and moved to a 7-6 record, sixth in the NFC playoff picture.

Rookie Adrian Peterson was completely shut down by the 49ers, but the Minnesota Vikings used other weapons to destroy the 3-10 Niners. Chester Taylor had 101 yards rushing including an 80 yarder that put six points on the board for the Vikes. Tarvaris Jackson looked stronger than usuall and passed for 163 yards, but it was the Vikings defense that once again stole Vikings Vixen heart. In fact, the Vikings defense struck first when Kevin Williams got his big mitts on the ball for an interception turned touchdown. It’s great to see a 300 plus pound man jogging into the end zone with a big goofy grin on his face.

I have to admit I didn’t watch the entire Vikings game because I was nervous I would jinx the Vikings team – they have won four in a row and I have not watched any of those games in their entirety so I am laying low just in case. I did watch some of the second half, though, and it didn’t look like the same team on the field. The Vikings had a lot more fire in the first half and if they play like they did in the second half against the Bears on Monday night they probably won’t win...oops did I just say that outloud...

No comments: