Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Vikings Rollercoaster season

I am a loyal reader of the Pioneer Press and I think Tom Powers does a great job summing up the Vikings roller coaster season thus far in this article. He talks about the uppercut punch we got from Green Bay in the 34-zip loss, the Troy Williamson funeral debacle and the pivotal Raiders game that we shouldn’t have won, but did and how that win kept us from drowning, well the win and veteran players (he says that, not me). I agree the Raiders game was indeed pivotal and looking back I am not sure how it was that they sucked worse than we did, perhaps the football gods are angrier at them than us.

My favorite line in the story is one I couldn’t have put better myself.
“Now the Vikings have a chance to make the playoffs, which seemed a ludicrous thought just a month ago.”

No comments: