Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Adrian Peterson Shines at the Pro-Bowl

Do most NFL fans agree with me that the real NFL season is over with the Super Bowl? I kind of forget that there is a Pro-Bowl game to consider and watch, but Vikings Vixen never really counted the Pro Bowl as a real NFL game. Anyway, yes I watched parts of NFL Pro-Bowl and I was jealous of the warm Honolulu sunshine while I sat praying that my car would start in the 40 below windchill. Yes 40 below, temperatures felt like 30 below. If you don't live in Minnesota, it may be hard to understand, but that is really really cold.

Minnesota Vikings superstar rookie Adrian Peterson made a good showing for the purple in Hawaii winning MVP after rushing for 129 yards and two touchdowns in the NFC’s 42-30 victory. Peterson joined Marshall Faulk as the only rookies to be voted MVP of the Pro Bowl. Peterson flew in his offensive line so they could spend the weekend with him in Hawaii and from the rumors around town they all had a great time…I wonder how many are married? Anyway, Adrian Peterson won a big shiny trophy and shiny new Cadillac that he intends to keep.

"Can I top this?" Peterson said, "Yeah, you always set your bar high."

How about the playoffs next year, Mr. Peterson? How about the playoffs?!?!!?

No comments: