Thursday, March 20, 2008

Randy Moss hooks up with the US Postal Service

I was reading the Randy Moss Envelope story over on the Minneapolis paper’s web site and I wasn’t going to comment on it, but I have to admit I was shocked at some of the other reader comments that I had to bring the topic up on my Vikings blog. What does everyone think about Randy being honored by the Post Office?

I am a strong believer that he is not hero material and should not be honored by anything. Being a great professional athlete is more than just catching passes (when he wants to, remember), it’s about being a responsible citizen. His run in with drugs, abuse and flagrant quotes is not an example of a responsible citizen.

I am personally surprised that the US Post Office is willing to stand behind him. I guarantee if one of their employees exhibited that same Randy Moss behavior at work, i.e. cutting down their boss and fellow postal workers, delivering all the mail only when they felt like it, the post office would not be honoring them, except with a pink slip. I see there are plenty of Moss supporters online though, most of them offended by the joke that the Star Trib writer made regarding Moss being on a most wanted poster at the post office. Come on, you can’t get offended by a joke like that if you are a supporter of mouth Randy Moss, it’s a double standard.


No comments: