Friday, May 30, 2008

Rick Spielman Quote on New Talent

I like this Rick Spielman quote and I thought I should put it on my blog. Some Vikings fans (and radio broadcasters) already have the 2008 Vikings team going to the Super Bowl, but Spielman reminds us all that the reality will hit when the team hits the turf in August.


"Everybody's excited about seeing them run around in shorts and see what type of athletes they are, how they throw the ball, how they catch the ball," Spielman said. "But [when] they get the pads on and go through two-a-days in August and get a chance to see them line up in preseason, that's when you get a pretty good feel for what you have."


What better reason to buy a Minnesota Vikings ticket for a preseason match-up? It will be your first real chance to see the team in action under the Metrodome lights (ya know, as opposed to Friday Night Lights). I am going to be there Friday August 8th when the Vikings take on the Seattle Seahawks. My tickets were really cheap, like less than $20. It’s a preseason game so my ticket may say row 27, but I bet I will be able to move down and sit closer. I don’t want to miss seeing the new Vikings talent take the field for the first time, even if it is just preseason.

No comments: