Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Fire Chilly Update

Vikings Fans are known for getting out when the going gets tough. Some other NFL team fans might even call us fickle. Sure we say we bleed purple (in my case pink), but really we just like blood and that means when things are going poorly, we get out the bow and arrow and we shoot at whatever moves – this time, it’s Brad Childress (most call him Chilly, I like to call him Dr. Phil – admit it, there is a striking resemblance, they could be brothers) - from the Boo Birds at the Vikings Lions game to the bloggers on the Internet, Fire Childress is a common theme and I am jumping on board (I think I was already on board, but I am jumping up and down now to get more attention).

The boys on KFAN (why aren’t there any girls at that station? – I should apply) said there is no way that Zygi would cut ties with Childress mid season, but I have to disagree. Why not? If he isn’t doing the job and the ship is going down, you might as well change captains, you have nothing to lose. If we lose the next four games (please don’t let it happen, football gods) I say fire him before the Vikings Bears game. How about that for some Thanksgiving Day conversation?! A new head coach could put this team back in the spotlight. Then again, it’s not as if we are the Lions (poor Lions 0-6), we are still in the hunt for the NFC North Title, but if we lose any more home games, it’s over.

4 comments:

The Mommyhood Project | Cortney Galster said...

Get rid of Childress. The team needs new management.

Jason said...

We've never called him "Dr. Phil," but my buddy and I think he looks like a high-school shop teacher. I wonder if he's missing any fingers.

Anonymous said...

The Vikings deserve a coach that understands the strategy of the game...not dink and dunk and sending AP into a brick wall.

Unknown said...

If we really want to get rid of Chilly...which I think we all do...we need to make a statement!! All vikings ticket holders should boycott the next couple of games by not going in during the first quarter...or the whole game!! We need the owners to know that we are fed up and what we are willing to do to get the job done!!