Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Vikings Season Ends, What should we look forward to?

Vikings Vixen missed a few weeks – yes, I know. I took a "holiday hiatus" and then thought about never coming back, but here I am. Yes, I am drawn to this illustrious pink blog about my beloved Minnesota Vikings. Just when I think I am never going to waste my time blogging about them again, I get sucked back in. I just can’t give it up. The Vikings are an addiction. It’s the emotional high and the emotional lows that make them a tough habit to kick.

You’d be living under a rock if you didn’t know the Vikings finished the regular season with a win over the New York Giants at home and secured a first round *home* playoff game. A game that they had trouble selling out – apparently, Vikings fans are feeling more hate than love towards the purple.

The Philadelphia Eagles showed up at the Metrodome and beat us 26-14. In fact, it appeared to this Vikings fan, that the NFL Minnesota Vikings didn’t even try in the fourth quarter – it was embarrassing to wear purple (or pink), not because of the loss, but because we didn’t even give it an ounce of effort. It’s no wonder the fans didn’t want to pay $$$ to watch that! Fans want to see a team that is pouring its heart and soul into every second and that is not what happened on January 4th, 2009 at the Hubert H Humphrey Metrodome. I am truly disappointed in the players and even more in the coaching staff. It is a coach’s responsibility to motivate the players to give it their all even if it looks like the chips are stacked against them.

No comments: