Thursday, September 20, 2012

I Love Me Some Vikings (Sorta)

I'm a home grown Minnesotan. I love laying out on one of 10,000+ lakes, hot dish, attending the MN State Fair, going to the Mall of America, and (yup) shoveling snow.

So, I should be proud of all my Minnesotan sports teams. And I am! I have been playing hockey since age three when my Dad taught me how to skate on the pond in our backyard. My parents have season tickets to the Wild (they are freaking out about the NHL Lock Out). Summer Twins games at Target Field are probably the best things about the summer. Getting drunk and going to Timberwolves for super cheap is a great college activity.

But I just don't really enjoy football, to be real.

I moved in with five new girls this summer. And let me tell you, they are all the biggest football freaks I have ever met.

So last Sunday, they all sat down in front of the TV to watch the Vikings game, and the the TV is right by my bedroom so I had to participate. Plus they ordered Toppers Sticks and had Bud Light Lime, which is my food and drink of choice, obvi.

And as I sat in this group of swearing, angry, and passionate fans, I loved it! All of the emotions, activity, and high-strungness of it made watching football so fun!

Even I could tell that the Colts are horrible football players.

So, to sum it up, this is why I am not a true Vikings fan. Because I like teams who WIN! :)



This girl is me when I watch football...................

No comments: